Funeral potatoes are very popular in the Mormon church. They call it funeral potatoes because it is are typically serve after a funeral. Nowadays it’s very common to have funeral potatoes at gatherings, events at church, or anytime year round.
These funeral potatoes are amazing! It is very flavorful and the cornflakes add a crunch to it. This cheesy potatoes are great as a side dish. I love bacon so I add it in mine. It will be a hit at your dinner table.
- 1 – 30 oz bag of Frozen Hash Brown, thawed
- 1/2 cup Onions, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 can of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Cornflakes
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 pack Bacon, cooked and sliced (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. In a medium skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter and saute the onions until translucent. Add in the minced garlic until fragrant. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Cook the bacon and cut it into bites pieces.
- In a large bowl mixed together the hash brown, onions, garlic, bacon, condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream, parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, salt, and black peppers.
- Spread the mixture into a 9×13 baking pan. Add the remaining cheese on top.
- Melt the 4 tbsp of butter and mix the cornflakes with the Panko bread crumbs in a bowl. Spread the cornflakes and bread crumbs on top of the pan evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked.